Tuesday 14 April 2015

Tomfoolery by Grant Harbison



I’m the cat that caught the piebald rat-a-tat-tat
No, I’m not talking about a rat
I’m talking about one of those fakes
That’s just the ridiculous sound that it makes
It didn’t screech nor did it squeal
And my razor sharp claws it didn’t even feel
My humans controlled it and manoeuvred it around the house
Thinking that I’d probably mistake it for a mouse
Their way of thinking is totally absurd
I know a mouse from a rat-a-tat-tat and I certainly know a bird
They way they treat me sometimes is an utter disgrace
For they know if I see movement I can’t resist the chase
So I caught the rat-a-tat-tat and took it outside
And quickly got rid of it to restore my pride
A cat with my stature cannot be seen
With a plastic rodent that’s purple and green

No comments:

Post a Comment