Saturday 4 April 2015

Faerie tale by Grant Harbison


                                                                                                               
Suffering Socrates

I’m awoken with fright

For once again that mischievous young sprite

Has set my alarm for the middle of the night

Blurry and beat I stumble out of bed

Trip over the cat and land on my head

The pain is immense as I lay on the floor

But I try to persevere and crawl to the door

As I get to the door the wind slams it shut

Dazed and confused I sit on my butt

Mustering strength I continue to toil

To the sanctuary of the of the kitchen and the kettle to boil

When I get there I find the power has been cut

And stare at the sympathetic face of my mutt

Moaning and cursing I head to the porch

I need light

Need to find my torch

When I get back to the bedroom

I’m far from amused

Because the fucking sock faerie thinks she’s got me screwed

As she’s mixed up my socks and stolen my shoes


            

No comments:

Post a Comment